Dual credit instructor qualifications
The Missouri Coordinating Board of High Education requires dual credit teachers to meet the same qualifications as adjunct faculty teaching the same course on the Missouri State University campus.
As a dual credit instructor, you must have a master’s degree, with at least 18 graduate-level hours in the academic field in which you will be teaching.
Approval of specific courses and respective dual credit instructors will be based up credentials and recommendations of the appropriate academic department on campus.
Prospective dual credit instructors
Below is a list of documents that prospective dual credit instructors need to provide:
- A cover letter indicating the course(s) you wish to teach and the semester(s) in which the course would be taught.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- An official or unofficial copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Submit these documents to: email@example.com
Instructor approval will be determined by the academic department on campus for the respective dual credit course. Once materials are received, the dual credit office will confirm receipt and contact the appropriate department on campus to begin the approval process.
Helpful links for managing your dual credit class
All dual credit instructors will need to set up a university My Missouri State account.
- How to create your My Missouri State account
- How to change the password for your My Missouri State account
- How to recover your BearPass Login
- How to get your BearPass Number (M#)
- How to log in to My Missouri State
- How to access your class rosters
- How to enter grades
- How to access Blackboard Learn
- How to access your Missouri State email
- How to apply your fee waiver*
DualEnroll.com training for high school counselors
- How to use DualEnroll.com
*You will need Adobe Reader to view or print this document.