Procedure for Dropping Dual Credit courses

How do I drop a course during the semester/school year?

Complete and save the course drop form and send to as an pdf email attachment. Indicate, in your email, the reason you would like to drop the course. Check these important dates and deadlines to determine if a partial refund will be available. The course must be dropped prior to the final drop deadline for there to be no impact on your transcript.

To drop a dual credit course, you must

  1.  Inform your teacher of your intention to drop the course for dual credit
  2. Complete the course drop form. Please include the reason you are requesting to drop the course for dual credit.
  3. Have your school counselor sign the form
  4. Send the completed and signed form to as a pdf attachment

Please remember that high school and college registrations are separate. Failure to notify the Dual Credit staff of your wish to drop a college course will mean you will remain registered at the university for the course. Should you not complete the course, a failing grade will be posted to your official transcript. After dropping a course for college credit you may still remain in the class for regular high school credit.

How do I drop a course if the semester has ended?
Courses cannot typically be dropped once it has ended and a grade has been assigned. If you have a unique situation and need to request a late drop, you must complete a Drop Appeal Request form. Email this form along with all supporting documents to the Missouri State Dual Credit office at

Appeal requests are processed each month, and you will be notified via email of the decision for the appeal.